Beef Roast and Cabbage Dinner
- 1 (4-pound) cured corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 3 cups water
- 1 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt & Pepper rubbed on beef
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) head green cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 (14.9 fl oz) can Guinness Stout Beer
- 4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chopped carrot
Season top of beef with salt, pepper, thyme, & oregano. Rub into meat throughly.
Place beef in a large Crock Pot set on high; add chopped onion, celery to sides of beef & cover whole pot with cabbage. Add in beer & water. Cover pot & allow food to cook for 4-6 hours.
Meat will be extra tender & juicy. After beef is tender & fully cooked remove from pot.
Leaving beef stock in pot add in chopped potatoes & carrots allowing to cook for 1 hour.
Once cooking in complete-drain out potatoes & carrots place them on a baking sheet for 20 mins in oven to give light crispy brown skin.
Place beef in center of large tray, adding cabbage to one side & potatoes & carrots to other side.
*I didn't use the celery except for cooking & flavoring the beef-The taste of them after wards was just plain yuck!! BUT, the celery did give the meat a great taste!!*