Sunday, December 14, 2008

baking........finally

Saturday December the 13th,
started out as a early day-7'ish AM
all the dogs were wide awake
We hit the kitchen about noon time after
several trips through the kitchen & out to the shed
finally we had ALL things gathered for our baking.

Rex & Spot had there list in hand.
Circles on recipe cards were for liquids
& Stars were for dry ingredients.
Bowls were set out along with measuring spoons.
& MY FAVE Kitchen Aid Mixer!!!

We started with our Triple Threat Cookies
but, after re-looking at the recipe-the boys & I decided
there wasn't enough chocolate in it...
There Can NEVER be enough chocolate in a cookie...
So thus for-the Suicide Cookie was born!!!
It contains over 7 different chocolates
It's outer side is like a cookie but,
the inside is more like a brownie!!
Sweet Perfection!!!

One lucky winner of our contest will win 4 of these!
Yes they are big enough to share or
eat alone with a BIG glass of milk!!!


Once those were finished being mixed &
scooped in the baking pan-
we moved on to rex's favorite cookies
Rex Cookies...I know how original on the name but,
It is his favorite & yet I don't know anyone else who
makes them like we do...soooo that is it's name!!
& family can identify with it!

Winner of contest will receive 6 Rex Cookies.

Same as before I labeled the ingredients with circles & stars.
The boys had their list in hand & started mixing.
This recipe has 2 layers of almond *special recipe* cookie mix
& 2 of molasses *special recipe* cookie mix
Once the ingredients are mixed as needed I layered them in the pan ready to bake.

We went over to my mother's kitchen to bake everything**
(mind ya' 4 years back I broke my oven-
poor thing didn't stand a chance with me that year)
Of course while I baked the boys played...
But, when it came to testing our cookies they were 1st in line!!

Everything came out amazingly awesome!!
The family gave everything 5*****
After returning home I was exhausted
I went pass out while spot & juicy were sleeping.
Rex stayed spend the night with the g'dogs.
when I woke up I wrapped everything firmly in brown paper for safe storage.
Also I had to hid them in containers. With the way my dogs are-
they will try to smell them out & EAT them ALL...
I can NOT have that...I did place a few on the side for them-

Come Monday we will make our Holly Balls.
These are about 2-3 dozen balls liquor for the adults
& 2-3 doz. balls for the children non-liquor.
of course made with Chocolate, at least 3 different kinds.

The topping change each year for I always manage to
find powders that I find to give a new unique taste to the holly balls...
The winner of our contest will receive 6 of each. Making 1 dozen.


I also have one other item that I
will be shipping out to our Contest Winner.
It is my very own special secret recipe!!
Star's Cajun Bread Pudding.
It will arrive in loaf size.
Enough to share with others!!
OR be greedy...it's ok...Eat it all by yourself!!!
I have been preparing this recipe for what will be 8 years this Christmas day.
so...I guess you can say it's a tradition of mines...& It is to DIE for!!
LOL or I like to say "So good it'll make you wanna slap yo' momma"
(please No physical momma abuse)

That is it...Our Saturday-wasted on baking
Not to bad if I say so myself....

Best of Luck to the Winner of our Contest!!
Stay tuned for the Announcement on Thursday AM
BUT.....Still time to Enter if you haven't so YET!!!
ONE Entry Per Person Please...
Contest!! Page
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment