Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hair Enhancement -hummm

I started "enhancing" my hair for about 5 years now.
Reason...KIDS!!!!

I'm usually not wild with my color but, after 2 more dogs
the natural highlights have become more of a full dye color.
I go to a salon for the fact that I'm to scared to do it on my own.
I used to do light brown cause my hair is dark brown
well that didn't last long as in I couldn't wait to color it differently

Then I started with a ash red, until 2 years ago to red red
& then yesterday
I decided that instead of coloring it all over in a red red that will wash out to a red orange the orange that i don't like-
I needed to have a closer look at the color tones chart.

humm let's see-red basic+lighter tone=orange-humm I do not think so....
basic red+darker tones=purple-well now that ain't so bad; right?!
let me go the opposite way on the color chart & go with more purples


Oh My Goodness-
WHY Didn't I Do It This Way Before!!!

I LOVE MY HAIR COLOR!!!!


It's a deep red with purple tones...
Say WHAT...oh yeah It's just like Punk Rock Barbies from the 80's
Come on ladies you know what barbie I'm talking about
The African American Friend of Barbie had the strips of
reddish purple hair in her natural black hair...

Well, that is my Cajun natural brown hair...
paint with a splash of reddish-purple!!!

Of course the dogs noticed instantly...
REX "Wow mom your hair is really well hum PURPLE!!"
SPOT "WOW Mommies HAIR IS REALLY RED & PURPLE" WOW"
JUICY He just staired with one "GRUNT"
Big DOG I asked Do u Like my hair..."Yeah sure! Purple makes your skin whiter"
My Mother "well it's different & if you don't like it
-it will wash out in a few days right?!"


So to all you ladies who think there is NO WAY I will never color my hair
Think again...Coloring is addictive..
once u color one way YOU will try other ways...
& Just remember this REDS wash out faster then other colors
BUT Blondes have to color more often due to New Growth at ROOTS

*if you decided to enhance your hair at home &
come across a few dye splats around your
work area read here-my friend shares some points for clean ups!!*




No comments:

Post a Comment